False teachers. You can’t throw a rock out the window these days without hitting one. But are there any “good guys” out there who are getting it right? Discipleship, Bible study, and theological issues bloggers who rightly divide God’s word? You bet. You might have to do a little digging and turn over a few rocks, but they are out there, most, sans “Christian Celebrity” status, plugging away day after day, faithfully teaching God’s word. Here are ten blogs, podcasts, and resources by godly Christian women. No name it and claim it. No signs and wonders. No health, wealth, and prosperity. Just sound doctrine straight from God’s word.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Don’t take my (or anyone else’s) word for it that any ministry, podcast, book, or blog is biblical in its doctrine. You MUST do the work of comparing with Scripture everything you read and hear. If it doesn’t match up with God’s word (in context), chuck it.
1. Equipping Eve– Erin has been running a fantabulous discernment blog for a while now, but her new blog and podcast are focused on equiping women “with ‘fruits of truth’ from God’s Word so that they will be prepared to stand strong in an age that is ripe with deception.
2. Chapter 3 Ministries– “Marriage and apologetics are the two main topics addressed here, but not the only ones. Chapter 3 Ministries reaches beyond them. We cannot limit our Christian experience to one or two things. There is so much in Christ to love and learn about!”
3. Sola Sisters– “Our desire with our ministry is to hold up false teachings that are being taught in the name of God to the actual word of God itself, the Bible, in order that we, and others, would not be taken captive by dangerous false teachings,” and “…for our readers to become equipped themselves in learning the principles of how to practice discernment.” Sola Sisters is currently on hiatus, but the information on their site remains relevant and invaluable.
4. Housewife Theologian– Aimee Byrd is one of the co-hosts of the Mortification of Spin podcast- an “engaging and thought-provoking conversation on the challenges the Church faces and what counts in the Christian life” -and blogs about biblical and Christian living topics for women at Housewife Theologian.
5. The End Time– “This blog is about encouragement, discernment, and prophecy. Each essay focuses on one of these with the prayer that through them, God is exalted. No matter how dark the days or how weary the heart, He is the Light and our hope.”
6. Christian Answers for the New Age– “Christian Answers for the New Age is a ministry responding to alternative religions: to inform and educate others about New Age and occult beliefs; to respond to those involved in New Age/ occult/ Eastern belief systems with the love and truth of Christ (I Peter 3:15-16); and to serve as a resource on aspects of New Age/ occult thinking and practices such as astrology, psychic powers, meditation, witchcraft/ Wicca, alternative healing, magick, etc.”
7. Susan Heck– “Our ministry is very narrowly aimed, with an emphasis on sequential teaching of the Bible marching verse-by-verse through the Sacred Library. We are involved with teaching Biblical books to capture their originally intended meaning, mentoring women, Scripture memorization, writing Ladies Bible Studies and such…Susan can also be heard weekly on the radio, Women With the Master.
8. Michelle Lesley– A women’s discipleship blog seeking to edify and exhort Christian women in the spirit of Titus 2. Topics include missions and evangelism, discernment, sanctification, biblical womanhood, current events in evangelicalism, and, most importantly, Bible study- including many studies and lessons you can download for free and use with your small group, Sunday School class, or personal study time.
9. Martha Peace– Martha “teaches ladies’ Bible study classes and counseling classes…and travels extensively all over the world and conducts seminars for ladies’ groups” on biblical topics. Be sure to check out her free downloadable Bible studies!
10. Out of the Ordinary– We desire to encourage and exhort women of all ages to seek solid theology in order that they may be solid Christian women. We have all seen the reality that we as women have a part to play in building up the Kingdom of God, one which begins with a solid understanding of God’s Word, followed by obedience to it in all aspects of our lives.
And, of course, you’re already at a great blog for women, Satisfaction Through Christ!
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- 23 Things I’ve Learned in 23 Years of Marriage - December 29, 2015
- The Shepherds’ Gospel - December 22, 2015
- Christian Cyber Monday Deals You Probably Haven’t Heard About but Don’t Want to Miss! - November 30, 2015