No matter the length of time we are married, one thing is true of all relationships. We need to keep dating our spouse.
We ladies need our guys to ask us out and take charge by planning dates for us, just like when we use to date before we were married. I’ve been married for more than 25 years and still get all kinds of giddy when the Mr. calls me up and asks me out.
Ladies, your guy is still a boy at heart when it comes to things he loves, so sometimes we will have to do things that don’t interest us but they will absolutely love it!
This list is to help you think of dates on the fly. Some require little to no money and others will require some planning.
I’d love to have you leave your favorite date ideas in the comments below!
- Dinner and a movie
- Attend a play
- Go fishing
- Make a Candle Light dinner at home
- Coffee and Bookstore date (even if you do not purchase anything other than the coffee, it’s still a fun date)
- Road Trip for the day
- Double date with old friends
- Go Camping
- Go Roller Skating
- Go to a restaurant you’ve never been to before
- Netflix night
- Visit the Zoo
- Go to the Circus
- Game night
- Comedy show (you may have to really look into the schedule to find some good clean comedians, but they are out there)
- Volunteer together
- Go Bowling
- Get him tickets to see his favorite Basketball team
- Go to a Monster Truck show
- Take in a Rodeo
- Visit a local Art Gallery
- Weekend trip away
- Have a Pinterest weekend (pick a few projects and work on together)
- Night at a local hotel (you don’t have to go away, sometimes just a night at a hotel down the road is just as fun)
- Attend a Concert
- Treat each other to a Spa Night and/or bubble bath together
- Ice Skating
- Go Rock Climbing
- Take in a Baseball Game
- Go Strawberry picking
- Attend a Carnival
- Stargazing (set up a few lounge chairs, grab binoculars even get a pink pair for the lady and check out the skies)
These are just a few to get you started! Write down these and many others and put them in a jar and draw them out randomly!
What is your favorite date? How often do you and your spouse date?
If you have small children at home, it is extremely important to still date. You’ll show your children that dating doesn’t end after marriage and when the children grow up and move out, you’ll keep doing what you’ve always done and that is date and love each other.